The Guide to The Beatles London is:
- walking tour of Beatles sites in Central London and also details of sites further out from the centre
- maps and directions how to get there
- an essential souvenir of the London Beatles walking tours, plus an independent guide to many more Beatles places in London not visited on the tours
- scores of previously unpublished and rare photos, including The Beatles at their homes and in Abbey Road Studios
- stories from people who worked with the Beatles, including Alistair Taylor, Brian Epstein’s personal assistant, top record producer Alan Parsons and top DJ Kenny Everett
- written by Richard Porter – professional Beatles tour guide, former editor ‘Off the Beatle Track’ magazine and renowned Beatles expert
- unique content and professional design make it an ideal momento of your trip to London, or a special present for your Beatle fan friend!
Contents: The book is divided into the followings sections
- The Story of The Beatles in London. A chronological history from their first visit to London to their break-up.
- A walking tour of The Beatles London. A three hour walking tour around major Beatles locations in Central London.
- Drive My Car. Other Beatles locations in and around London.
- Further Information for Beatles Fans. More information of use to Beatles fans coming to London.
Places included in the book include Abbey Road Studios, the former Apple building at 3 Savile Row, the Beatles homes, offices, recording studios and many others.
However, the book is more about the people that frequented the buildings, rather than the buildings themselves.
- find out what John Lennon was doing outside some public toilets in 1966
- discover which famous Beatles song was recorded in a studio next to a strip club
- learn how some ladies tights saved an important Beatles event
- uncover who were the Apple Scruffs featured in the George Harrison song
There are no reviews yet.